The Solvent Extractors’ Association of India is the apex body of the solvent extraction industry in India. It has about 835 members – manufacturers and exporters. They process oilcakes, soybeans and other oilseeds and rice bran in their modern solvent extraction plants.
SEA is the Trade Promotion Organisation (TPO) recognised by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, for the exports of various de-oiled meals (feed ingredients), animal and poultry feeds and minor oils (fats) from India. SEA acts as a catalyst between international buyers and local exporters and is responsible for export promotion and performs various export promotion functions, including:
- Export promotion and market development of De-oiled meals, fats, minor oils, compound feeds for cattle & poultry
- Assess International trends in feed ingredients, and prices thereof, for guiding exporters and optimising exports.
- Collection and dissemination of market information and statistics on trends of contracting, physical exports, status of crop situation and marketing strategies.
- Providing a strong organisational nucleus.
- Ensuring timely and regular shipment performance.
- Inspiring confidence in foreign buyers.
- Deputing delegations to foreign countries to explore & study export markets.
- Organising and participating in trade fairs, exhibitions and buyer – seller meets in India and abroad.
To make known Indian solvent extraction industry’s point of view and interest to national and international authorities, chambers of industry and commerce and other organisations.
Electronic Non-Preferential CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN (COO )
A Certificate of Origin (COO) is an important international trade document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country.
COOs are used to establish the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be allowed legally imported at all.
Member exporters already registered on the Common Digital Platform may refer to the Application Processfor Exporters to apply for Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin on Common Digital Platform. We request members to select “THE SOLVENT EXTRACTORS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA” as the issuing authority while filing for Certificate of Origin application.
Member Exporters not registered on Common Digital Platform are requested to kindly register on the platform immediately. Please refer the Registration Process for Exporters for step-by-step guidance for registering on the platform. Member may note that total amount payable per certificate is Rs 264/-(Including 18% GST and DGFT charges) and is payable to DGFT.
For any assistance, call Mr Ganesh S Kaldate, Dy. Secretary, SEA at +91 8796107006.