The Solvent Extractors’ Association of India is the apex body of the solvent extraction industry in India. It has about 835 members – manufacturers and exporters. They process oilcakes, soybeans and other oilseeds and rice bran in their modern solvent extraction plants.
SEA is the Trade Promotion Organisation (TPO) recognised by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, for the exports of various de-oiled meals (feed ingredients), animal and poultry feeds and minor oils (fats) from India. SEA acts as a catalyst between international buyers and local exporters and is responsible for export promotion and performs various export promotion functions, including:
- Export promotion and market development of De-oiled meals, fats, minor oils, compound feeds for cattle & poultry
- Assess International trends in feed ingredients, and prices thereof, for guiding exporters and optimising exports.
- Collection and dissemination of market information and statistics on trends of contracting, physical exports, status of crop situation and marketing strategies.
- Providing a strong organisational nucleus.
- Ensuring timely and regular shipment performance.
- Inspiring confidence in foreign buyers.
- Deputing delegations to foreign countries to explore & study export markets.
- Organising and participating in trade fairs, exhibitions and buyer – seller meets in India and abroad.
To make known Indian solvent extraction industry’s point of view and interest to national and international authorities, chambers of industry and commerce and other organisations.